Don't Go Crazy Moving!
Let The Moving Companies Go Crazy Over Your Move
Look4movers.com Make The Moving Companies Bid On your Move
Let The Movers BID On Your MOVE!
|AUSTIN MOVERS||SAN ANTION MOVERS||HOUSTON MOVERS||DALLAS MOVERS||FT. WORTH MOVERS|
Best Moving Tips
From The Best Movers in US
Good packing will help you reduce the chance of damaging your household goods during a move. If you don’t have time invest in this task, your moving agent can help you pack your household along with your furniture. The moving agent will provide you with the boxes and their packers will pack your entire home in the best and safest manner. However if you are not able to afford these services then doing the packing on your own could save you on your moving cost.
· Keep supplies handy for packing. Boxes, marking pen, tissue, newspaper, bubble wrap, tape, scissors, tape measure.
· Try to pack audio-video equipment in their original boxes. Label cables. If you need to remove screws tape them to the objects they are removed from.
· Avoid loading over 50lbs in one box.
· Label every box with the following information: (1) room it should go in (2) whether is fragile (3) order in which should be loaded.
· Use cushion such as bubble wrap, newspaper or tissue between items. Save room and use your own towels and blankets to wrap fragile items.
· Pack medicines in leak proof container.
· Check with the local U.S. Department of Agriculture, for regulations on moving plants from state to state. Many states have restrictions on certain plants to prevent transferring pests or bugs than might destroy valuable cash crops.
It is very important that you know which items can and can not be shipped since there are certain regulations movers should follow to ensure safety.
Below is a list of items not to be shipped prior to packing and loading dates:
· All flammable, corrosive or explosive items:
Aerosols/ Acids/ Ammonia/ Ammunition/ Batteries/ Car Batteries/ Charcoal/ Chemistry Sets
Cleaning Fluid/ Fertilizer/ Fireworks/ Gasoline/ Kerosene/ Lamp Oil/ Lighter Fluid/ Liquid Bleach/ Loaded Weapons/ Matches/ Motor Oil/ Nail Polish Remover/ Paints/ Paint Thinner/
Pesticides/ Pool Chemicals/ Propane Tanks/ Weed Killer.
· Discard perishables. Food, plants or living things that may die or spoil in transit.
Frozen Food/ Open Food/ Plants/ Produce.
Keep in mind that you should empty your refrigerator and freezers at least 24 hrs before
loading. Keep the appliance doors open so it will dry out in order to prevent the growth of
mold and odor.
· Some articles may not be accepted for transportation:
The moving agent assumes no responsibility should the following items are into their possession without their knowledge. Although these articles do not create a physical threat it can become a problem if your shipment gets delayed or items get lost. To avoid this situation, carry irreplaceable or sentimental items with you such as:
Address Books/ Air Line Tickets/ Bonds IRAs/ Car Keys/ Check Books/ Coins/ Computer Software/ Deeds/ Disks/ Files/ Financial Statements/ Furs/ Jewelry/ Letters/ Med/ Personal
Video Tapes/ Photos and Albums/ Research Projects/ School Records/ Stamp Collection/ Sterling Silver/ Stocks/ Tax Records.
From The Best Movers In The US
One Month Before Moving:
· Fill out change of address request from post office.
· Fill out IRS change of address form.
· Contact moving company to make arrangements or reserve a rental moving truck.
· If you will need to travel ,make arrangements with airlines, buses, car rental agencies and hotels.
· Transfer memberships in clubs, churches, and organizations.
· Obtain medical and dental records, x-rays and prescription histories. Ask doctor and dentist for referrals and transfer prescriptions.
· Set up a bank account in your new city.
· Make an inventory of your belongings before they are packed, in case you need to file and insurance claim later. If possible take pictures of your belongings.
· Make arrangements if you need to move pets.
· Try to use all food items to have lees to pack and avoid spoiling.
One Week Before Moving:
· Change Utility Services to new address. Let electric, disposal, telephone, cable, internet provider, water, newspaper, magazine subscriptions know you will be moving.
· Close bank accounts and have funds transferred to your new bank. Make sure there are no pending transactions before closing your account.
· Arrange for help on your moving day.
· Have appliances ready for moving.
· Clean rugs and clothing and have them ready for moving.
· If applicable collect valuables from safe deposit box. Make a copy of important documents before mailing or taking them to your new address.
· Defrost freezer and refrigerator. If possible put deodorizer inside to prevent odors.
On Moving Day:
· Carry travelers checks for fast funds.
· Make sure to check closets, shelves, drawers, attic and garage to make sure they are empty.
· Carry important documents, jewelry and valuable objects yourself , or use registered mail.
After Arriving At Your New Home:
· Renew your driver’s license, car registration and tags.
· Locate the Hospitals, police stations, veterinarian and fire stations near your home.
· Find out about insurance policies, specially for auto coverage.
How to find a good moving company:
We recommend that you do some research and try to select a moving company five to eight weeks before you move. Make sure to let the moving company know if you are moving locally, intrastate (within a single state), or interstate (from one state to another). This information is essential when determining the regulations, licenses, and pricing structures under which the moving company operates.
Here are some helpful hints to find a good mover:
BEST PLACES TO LIVE ACCORDING TO MONEY MAGAZINE
Las Vegas, NV
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
America’s 10 fattest cities (According to Men’s Fitness Magazine):
And its list of the 10 fittest cities:
Pet’s Healthiest Cities According to the Purina Pet Institute:
The study was based qualities like the city’s superior care, services and legislation for pet’s health and well-being.
According to the Institute, the top five Pet
Healthiest Cities are:
Let the best free moving companies bid on your free move in any of the free use states like: Alabama movers , Alaska move, Arizona moving , Arkansas movers , California free moving companies, Colorado movers, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, free moving companies Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho moving companies, Illinois, Indiana moving compaies rating national, lower moving companys, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, main movers, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan moving companies, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, new Hampshire, new jersey moving companies for cheap, new Mexico, north Carolina, north Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma move, Oregon, Pennsylvanian, Rhode island movers, south Carolina, south Dakota, Texas movers Dallas movers , Irving movers , Plano movers, movers in Dallas Texas , cheap movers in Dallas , Tennessee movers, Utah Vermont, Virginia, Washington best movers, west Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming moving. Also, Don't for get to fill out the free online moving estimates to get the best free moving companies.